Dr. Kazi Aktar Hamid
Head of The Chambers
Dr. Hamid obtained his LL.B. (Hons.) from The University of Dhaka. He then obtained Master of Comparative Jurisprudence from The Howard University School of Law, Washington D.C., Thereafter, LL.B. (NCA, Canada) and Doctor of Laws (LL.D.) from Fauteux Hall, University of Ottawa.
Vitae adipiscing turpis. Aen ligula nibh, molestie sed vitae dictum in gravida
University of Ottawa, Fauteux Hall (Faculty of Law),
Doctorate of Laws (LL.D.). Degree Received: December 16, 1991.
Certificate of Qualification. Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario, Canada
Received Certificate of Qualification by the Joint Committee on Accreditation, Committee of Canadian Law Deans after the successful completion of courses recommended by the Law Society of Upper Canada (April 9, 1991)
Howard University School of Law, Washington, D.C. U.S.A.
Master of Comparative Jurisprudence.(August 1983 to May 1985). Grade Point Average: 3.07.
University of Dhaka, Faculty of Law, Bangladesh
LL.B. with Honours. (July 1976 to July 1980).
Former Chief Legal Adviser,
World Vision Bangladesh
Awal Centre (4th floor) 34, Kemal Ataturk Avenue Banani, Dhaka –1213.
- Legal Advisor Dhaka City Corporation
- Former Chief Legal Advisor (Retainer), National Board of Revenue, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Legal Adviser, EXIM Bank Ltd. Printers Building, 5, Rajuk Avenue Dhaka – 1000.
- Legal Advisor Arab Bangladesh Bank Ltd. 30-31, Dilkusha Commercial Area, Dhaka.
- Legal Adviser, Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd. 40, Dilkusha Commercial Area Dhaka – 1000.
- Chief Legal Adviser, Mutual Trust Bank Ltd. 68, Dilkusha Commercial Area Dhaka – 1000.
- Chief Legal Adviser, Sunlife Insurance Co. Ltd BTA Tower (12th floor) 29, Kemal Ataturk Avenue Banani, Dhaka – 1213.
- Chief Legal Adviser, Bangladesh Thai Aluminium Ltd. BTA Tower (14th floor) 29, Kemal Ataturk Avenue Banani, Dhaka – 1213.
Oil & Gas Companies
- Legal Adviser, Titas Gas Transmission & Distribution Ltd. 105, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue Kawranbazar, Dhaka.
- Legal Adviser, Bakhrabad Gas Systems Ltd. Chapapur, Comilla.
- Chief Legal Adviser, Gas Transmission Company Ltd. (GTCL), Eskaton Road, Red Crescent Borak Tower, Level 3 – 6, Old Elephant Road, Dhaka – 1000.
Former Chief Legal Adviser
- The City General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Meghna Petroleum Ltd.
- Daeyu Bangladesh Ltd.
- Fu-Wang Ceramic Industries Ltd.
- Tae Hung Packaging. Bangladesh Ltd.
- K & B Engineering Co. Ltd.
- The Sunbeam International Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Sunlife Insurance Company Limited. (Listed Company)
- BD Thai Food & Beverage Limited.
- BD Thai Cosmo Limited. [Lighting]
Former Chief Coordinator, Supreme Court Legal Aid Committee. Appointed by the Ministry of Law Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Government of Bangladesh. (from 2002- 2009).
Algonquin College, Ottawa, Canada Adjunct Professor (1993).
Former Consultant, Law Reform Commission of Canada. Department of Justice, Government of Canada, Ottawa (From June 17, 1991 to August, 1992)
Former Member, Canadian Bar Association.
Institute of Human Rights Research and Education Centre. Fauteux Hall, University of Ottawa Received recognition as a Graduate scholar.
Legal Intern, CARE, Washington, D.C. (1984).
January to July 2004 : Served as Administrative Review and Legal Expert, Asian Development Bank TA No. 4140-BAN: Supporting Good Governance Initiatives, Bangladesh. CIDA : Legal Reform Project. b) Toronto, Canada c) October 2004. d) Legal Advisor, e) Attended a conference and meetings in Toronto, Canada in the Importance of the Legal Aid System in Bangladesh organized by the Legal Reform Project of Canadian International Department Agency (CIDA) with the Minister of Law of Bangladesh. f) 17 days. UNDP-funded Strengthening Human Security in Bangladesh. b) Bangladesh. c) October 2003. d) Legal consultant. e) Review of police prosecutions related to anticorruption. Review of overview of complain against police. f) One month.
Mahila Parishad, Segun Bagicha, Dhaka Currently associated with the Mahila Parishad in drafting of laws, particularly, involving women and Children. Was directly involved with the drafting of laws regarding ``Sexual Harassment against Women”. Was also involved in the drafting of laws regarding Citizenship in Bangladesh.
- President: Foreign Students Union, Howard Law School, (1983-1984).
- Member, International Law Society, Howard Law School, (1983-1984).
- Saiful Islam Dildar Vs. Government of Bangladesh and Others, Dhaka Law Reports, Vol. 50 (June, 1998) at 318 [also known as Anup Chetia Case]
- Subbatara Begum Vs. Ansaruddin, Officer-in-Charge, Dhaka Law Reports, Vol. 50 (June, 1998) at 339; Bangladesh Law Times, Vol. 5 (1997) at 191.
- Tarekeswar Roy and Others Vs. Secretary, Ministry of Lands and Others, Bangladesh Law Times, Vol. 5 (1997) at 164.
- Haren Haldar Vs. Md. Akkas Ali & Others., Bangladesh Law Chronicles, Vol. III (1998) at 455.
- Khodeja Banu Chowdhury Vs. Amin Ahmed Chowdhury & Others, Bangladesh Legal Decisions, Vol. 17 (1997) at 57; Bangladesh Law Chronicles, Vol. 2 (1997) at 219; Mainstream Law Reports, Vol. 2 (1997) at 9.
- State Vs. Zillur Rahman & Others 4 Bangladesh Law Chronicles (HCD) (1999) at P. 241
- Md. Salim Hossain Vs. Government of Bangladesh 20 BLD (HCD) (2000) at P. 309
- PANIRAJ & COMPANY LTD. VS. BSB 52 DLR (HCD) (2000) at P. 621
- Shamsul Alam Miah (Md) Vs. Mayor, DCC and Others Bangladesh Law Chronicles Vol. VII (July 2002) at P. 403
- S. N. Goswami & Others Vs. Govt. of Bangladesh & Others Bangladesh Law Times, Vol. XI (2003) at 23; Dhaka Law Reports, Vol. 55 (2003) at 332
- Md. Monjur Alam & Ohters. Vs. Dhaka Electric Supply Authority Bangladesh Law times Vol. XI (2003) at 314.
- Sekander Ali and others vs. Md. Seraj Mia and others Main Stream Law Reports (HC) Vol. 12 (2007) at page 153
- Zamir Ahmed Vs. Bangladesh 21 Bangladesh Law Chronicles (BLC) (2016) 200
- Delwar Hossain Vs. Bangladesh 21 Bangladesh Law Chronicles (BLC) (2016) 295
- System Management Services Ltd. 21 Bangladesh Law Chronicles (BLC) (2016) 611
- Md. Abdus Sobhan Vs. Ministry of Home Affairs & Others 25 BLT (HCD) (2017) 343
- Zakaria Hossain Vs. Sabrina 22 Bangladesh Law Chronicles [cited as BLC] (2017) 505
- Meghna Petroleum Ltd. Vs. Chairman, 1st Labour Court & another 10 Mainstream Law Report (Appellate Division) 2005 at page 155.
- Khondoker Mominul Huq, MD., BGS Ltd. Vs. Md. Jasimuddin Chowdhury TO, ors Appellate Division Cases (ADC), Volume II (2005) at page 900.
- Delwar Hossain (Md.). Vs. The State. The Mainstream Law Reports, Vol.11(AD)2006 at page 167 (Fourth Issue).
- Sharif Nurul Ambia Vs. DCC [Dhaka City Corporation] Dhaka Law Reports VOL. 58 (AD) at page 253 (2006).
- "Human Rights, Self-Determination and the Right to Rsistance: The case Study of Hawaii". (350 pages) Published by the Law Firm: Kyles, Eapen, Alamgir & Associates, Washington, D.C. (1994) is Co-operation with Bhuiyan Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Co-author with professor Bradford Morse. "American Annexation of Hawaii: An Example of the Unequal Treaty Doctrine" published in the Connecticut Journal of International Law, Volume-5, Spring 1990 (50 pages), [I was the principal author].
- In Response to Mr. Altaf Hossain Khan's "In search of Remedies for Violation of Human Rights", published in XLVI Dhaka Law Reports (July Issue).
- Co-author of the Article on PREVENTIVE DETENTION AND LIBERTY : BANGLADESH AS A CASE STUDY published in the Journal of The Asiatic Society of Bangladesh Volume 41 * Number 2 * December 1996 ( 14 Pages)
Afsana Rashid obtained her LL.B. (Hons.) from Dhanmondi Law College. She then obtained LLM. from Dhaka International University
Md. Abul Hashem
Mr. Abul Hashem obtained his LL.B. (Hons.) from the Dhaka International University. He then obtained LLM from DIU.
KHURSIDA AKTER NUPUR
KHURSIDA AKTER NUPUR obtained her LL.B. (Hons.) from National University
Aneeka Tahseen Waleed obtained her LL.B. (Hons.) from BRAC University. She then obtained Masters in Criminology from The University of Dhaka, Thereafter LLM. on Human Rights from Cardiff University, UK
Ryan Hamid obtained his LL.B. (Hons.) from the University of London. He then obtained LLM from the Cardiff University School of Law, Thereafter, British Bar at Law from Cardiff University
S M Nahiduzzaman Shibly
S M Nahiduzzaman obtained his LL.B. (Hons.) from The Dhaka International University. He then obtained LLM from The Dhaka International University,